Frequently Asked Questions
SIGNATURE FORMATS & SMALL GROUP TRAINING
1. How do I buy credit for signature formats? Go to our online booking system and login to your existing account or create a new account. Then click on “BUY” on the top right corner. You can then select the signature format or package you’d like to purchase.
2. How do I sign up for a signature format? Go to our Schedule and click on the “Sign Up” button for the class you want to take. You will then be prompted to log into our booking software and it will either use an existing credit or it will prompt you to purchase a credit. If it is full, it will indicate that the signature format is accepting sign ups for wait list only. If a class and waitlist are both full, there is no button to sign up, but keep checking back to see if spots have opened up in the format you want to take! If it's your first time at the studio, please arrive at least 10 minutes before the start time!
3. When can I sign up for signature formats? Our booking window opens two weeks in advance. We recommend booking early, before they fill up!
4. How do I see what signature format I am currently signed up for? Go to our online booking system and login to your existing account or create a new account. Then click on “MY INFO”, then “My Schedule” on the top right corner to view the signature formats you are currently scheduled to attend.
5. What is the cancellation policy for signature formats? You can cancel a reservation without charge up to 12 hours in advance of the start time. Once cancelled, the credit will go back into your account for use another time. If you cancel within 12 hours of the start time, you will be charged. We apologize that we cannot make any exceptions.
6. What happens if I am on the wait list? You will an email notifying you if you have been added to the signature format off the wait list. Once you have been added, you will be charged if you do not remove yourself or do not show up. The wait list closes four hours before class starts, so if you have not received an email by that time, you will not be added off the wait list. You can cancel a wait list reservation without charge up until four hours before start time.
7. What happens if I miss it? You will lose the credit for any signature formats that you miss. If you have an unlimited monthly membership, we ask that you please only sign up for signature formats that you will attend and that you remove yourself from any that you know you will not be able to attend as soon as possible so that we can give your spot to someone else. If you have an unlimited monthly membership and do not cancel outside the 12 hour window or do not show up, you will be charged $20.
8. When do my credits expire? Single credits expire one month from date of purchase, 5-packs expire three months from date of purchase, 10-packs expire six months from date of purchase and 20-packs expire nine months from date of purchase. Monthly unlimited memberships expire one month from the date of purchase.
9. What happens if I am running late? Please give us a call to let us know you're running late. However, after five minutes after start time, we unfortunately will not be able to let you in.
10. I’m new to working out or I haven’t worked out in a very long time – can I take a signature format? Absolutely! Our signature formats are designed for women of all fitness levels – most of the exercises are timed, so you can go at your own pace and do not have to worry about what anyone else is doing. Our coaches are extremely skilled at giving modifications for exercises if you have any injuries or are out of practice. You did the hard part by showing up – now we will help you get through it and feel great!
11. How often do you recommend coming? Our schedule is designed so that you can come every day! We vary the moves frequently so you never get bored and different versions of the signature formats will vary the emphasis so you are not overworking any part of your body. You might be sore, but that is a good thing so you should keep on coming!
12. Can I take a signature formats if I am pregnant? If your doctor has cleared you for exercise, we certainly encourage you to come. We have plenty of pregnant women taking our signature formats, but we do recommend that you use your discretion and make sure your doctor has OK’d you. Please also notify the coach so she can give you any necessary modifications.
13. What should I bring? We require sneakers for all our signature formats EXCEPT Sculpt. We have a cooler you can refill your personal water bottle or we sell bottled water for $1 for you if you prefer. We also have locks for lockers, towels, shower products and great amenities for you to use as well.
14. What’s the deal with the private sessions? One-on-one sessions are one of the best and most effective ways to get amazing results! Sessions are one hour and are designed specifically for you by your trainer. All of our trainers are certified and experienced, not to mention super awesome! We will chat with you prior to your first session and develop a program that best suits your needs and goals! Find out more information and pricing by emailing us at email@example.com or calling us at 212.242.3103.
15. Can I do the private sessions with a friend? Yes! Training with friends is a great way to still get the personal attention and results while also making it more fun and keeping costs down. We offer small group training sessions of up to four people together. Find out more information and pricing by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org or calling us at 212.242.3103.
16. How do I schedule a private session with a coach? Email us at email@example.com or call us at 212.242.3103 to get started! It is helpful for us if you include your preferred times of day and days of the week you’d like to work out, any goals or specific preferences, any injuries and some information about your current exercise routine.
17. What is the cancellation policy for private sessions? You can cancel a reservation for a private session with your coach without charge up to 24 hours in advance of the start time. Once cancelled, the credit will go back into your account for use another time. If you cancel a session within 24 hours of the start time, you will be charged for the session. We apologize that we cannot make any exceptions.
18. How can I find out about schedule changes and other Uplift information? Make sure you are signed up for our newsletter (you can sign up right from the homepage). Also follow us on Twitter and Facebook.
19. Do you have showers at your studio? We have two showers available for you to use, along with Malin + Goetz shower products, hair dryers, hair straighteners, and many more amenities to get you ready for the rest of your day or a hot date.
20. Do you provide towels or do I need to bring my own? We have towels for you to use for your class and for showering.
21. Do you offer childcare? No, we do not offer any form of child care while you work out with us.
22.) I'm injured - can I still take class? Our instructors are all excellent at modifying for most common injuries, provided you let them know. However, if you are injured and are on crutches, wearing a hard/ soft castor brace, you must present a doctors note to the front desk staff upon arriving at the studio in order to be admitted. This is not only for your safety, but also for the safety of your fellow clients.
23. Um, none of these answered my question. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 212.242.3103. If you have any other questions, we will be happy to answer them!